Frequently Asked Questions: Kolkata 1M/1M Entrepreneur Pitch-Fest Competition
Can you tell me more about the 1M/1M program?
- For more information on the 1M/1M program go to 1M/1M.
Why was this competition program started?
- The primary focus of this competition is to develop entrepreneurship in Bengal. Over the next year or so, we are seeking support from various corporate partners who are committed to the growth and prosperity of Bengal to develop a pipeline of 100-200 promising entrepreneurs. These entrepreneurs will be incubated within the 1M/1M program – rigorously, methodically, consistently – with the goal of getting to significant, sustainable revenue and profitability levels.
What is the selection criteria and how many will be selected?
- Up to 10 entrants will be selected to give a 5-minute pitch of their business idea at the Pitch-Fest Competition that will be held on November 1, 2012, at iLead in Kolkata, India. Six winners will be selected.
- Selection criteria include:
- Innovative Idea and Business Model Being Proposed
- Individual’s background
- The strategic vision and market viability of the idea
- Ability of the participant to create and execute on the business idea
Will I get any assistance in preparing my business plan to pitch at the Roundtable if I am selected as a finalist?
- You are responsible for submitting your business for consideration by answering the questions on the application. If you are chosen to pitch at the event, you will get instructions to pull together your five-minute pitch. The benefit to you, even if you’re not selected as a winner, is you will get an on-the-spot analysis of your project by Sramana Mitra, one of Silicon Valley’s top strategists, with suggestions about how to potentially increase your chances of success. Since this is event will be recorded and shared on Sramana’s blog, you will gain exposure to potential investors in the audience, and to the network audience that listens to the event live online or later to the recordings. Go here to listen to recordings of past roundtable events.
If I am selected as the one of the six winners, what will I receive?
- A year of 1M/1M ongoing mentorship during weekly strategy roundtables.
- Opportunity to study a unique curriculum designed to prevent mistakes, and potentially save time and money.
- Chance to absorb the tribal knowledge of Silicon Valley through Sramana Mitra based on carefully analyzed case studies of hundreds of successful companies.
- Introductions by Sramana Mitra to potential customers, partners, media, analysts, and investors among her extensive global network.
Kolkata 1M/1M Entrepreneur Pitch-Fest Competition
Application: Kolkata 1M/1M Entrepreneur Pitch-Fest Competition