Since 2012, we have worked with partners who are looking to extend their footprint in the entrepreneurship and innovation eco-systems around the world. Based on those pilots, we have now created the 1M/1M Incubator-in-a-Box program. With this, corporations, angels, venture capitalists, governments, and entrepreneurship development organizations can easily, rapidly, and affordably launch an incubator in any part of the world.
- Choose the scale at which you wish to start. You can incubate 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, or 200 entrepreneurs.
- Choose one or more locations (or global is fine too).
- 1M/1M will provide the base-level incubation to these entrepreneurs through the Premium Program. This includes online curriculum, mentoring / strategy consulting, introductions to customers, channel partners, investors, and access to the 1M/1M media and social media channels.
- Partner can add any amount of additional resources on top, including funding, real-estate, mentoring, network, legal services, accounting services, etc.
- 1M/1M will run contests and help partner recruit the entrepreneurs to bring into their custom portfolio.
- 1M/1M will also screen the best performers from the incubation portfolio for partner to invest further resources in, after a few months of incubation.
- Details on the best practices of implementation gathered from various partners.
- Corporations: Interest in participating in the innovation eco-system in different parts of the world is a trend that is hard to miss. Another clear trend is that many companies are marketing platforms, and nurturing entrepreneurs developing on their proprietary platforms is of great interest to them (example: Microsoft Azure, Rackspace Cloud, SAP HANA, etc.). We also see interest in creating a pipeline of early stage concepts and talent that may lead to either investment and/or acquisition – including talent acquisition. Finally, we see exciting projects in the domain of corporate incubation to nurture intrapreneurship and internal innovation. The 1M/1M Incubator-in-a-Box addresses all these needs.
- VCs: VCs have limited capacity to play in the pre-seed stage and manage large numbers of incubation-stage companies. And yet, today, companies take little money to get off the ground, entrepreneurship is a global phenomenon, and it is not obvious where the next big innovation is going to come from. So it is essential that VCs have a strategy to keep their fingers in the incubation stage companies, as Sequoia and Andreessen-Horowitz have done by partnering with YCombinator. For some VCS who are interested in playing the global markets, the problem gets amplified if you have to do this kind of tracking on a global scale. 1M/1M can operate globally, and tackle large numbers.
- Angels: Angels can effectively run their own, private incubator(s) using 1M/1M as a baseline, with minimum investment, and have their fingers in a much larger number of companies than normally possible. This is likely to lead to a better, performance-based and hands-on experience-based selection of which ones to double down on and invest larger resources in. It would also enable them to manage the pre-seed stage more efficiently. Also, angels who choose to engage in the global opportunity may need to set up similar incubation portfolios in different parts of the world.
- Schools: Some of the elite schools are running incubators of their own on campus. 1M/1M can help the other colleges, universities, community colleges, and high schools do the same.
- Entrepreneurship Development Organizations: We have worked closely for many years with various TiE chapters, as well as with EDOs. As we speak, we are incubating entrepreneurs with such partners. With Incubator-in-a-Box, any EDO can now launch its own incubator on the 1M/1M platform.
- Incubators & Accelerators: We are also able and willing to work with incubators and accelerators who want to scale their operations and cater to larger numbers of entrepreneurs, or expand their geographical footprint. In addition, for incubators and accelerators outside Silicon Valley, we offer a compelling bridge into Silicon Valley.
- The 1M/1M Incubator-in-a-Box costs $1000/entrepreneur/year. So, if you incubate 50 entrepreneurs with us, that would cost $50k for a year.
- We do not take ANY equity, making us the most entrepreneur- (and investor- ) friendly incubator program on the planet. Most incubators take 5-10% equity.
- The ROI we deliver is equivalent to $375k + 5-10% Equity per entrepreneur.
We are working with many corporate partners, helping their eco-systems with incubation support, including SAP, Oracle, Rackspace, Microsoft, Nokia, Elance, TradeKing, A&N Media, BlueSnap, etc. Nothing is too small for us. No geography is not of interest to us. Wherever, and at whatever scale you would like to build your incubator, we look forward to working with you shoulder to shoulder.
Contact: Irina Patterson
Note: Here are a few videos explaining the 1M/1M program in more depth:
Meet some of The One Million Club members, and review the Quantified 1M/1M Value Equation.
You will find custom programs for various types of partners here:
Technology Companies | Media Companies | Platform Vendors |
Internal Innovation and Intrapreneurship |
Angel Investors | Venture Capitalists | Incubators | Accelerators |
Co-working Spaces | EDOs | Schools | Governments |
Small Business Banks | Wealth Managers & Private Banks | Family Offices |